Project: CollectiX Boat Bosnia Herzegovina
To reduce plastic pollution in the river Drina by using Cleanup missions by Everwave with the CollectiX Boat as a Catalyst for awareness and action to improve the waste management system.
Rheingau / D1820
RC Bijeljina / D1910
Successful pilot action by partner everwave in February 2021
Global Grant project being prepared for follow-on action in November 2021, now being delayed because of the potential conflict situation in this country.
Follow on project: EndPlasticSoup – Drina – Danube Region (Global Grant 2236645)
In February 2021 the pilot cleanup mission started after publicity about the enormous amount of waste pollution the river Drina and blocking the dam. Global Grant project is approved. This project can serve as an example for other follow-on projects in the Mediterrenean and in East Africa.
- Successful Pilot project included testing of Artifical Intelligence measurements for sorting and source detection.
- 150K Euro Donation by Landmarken AG via RC Aachen
- Estimated 300 Volunteer hours Jan-June 2021
To reduce plastic pollution in the river Drina by using Cleanup missions with the CollectiX Boat as a Catalyst for awareness and action to improve the waste management system.
- February-March 2021: Pilot cleanup mission in the river Drina, Bosnia Herzegovina.
- April – October 2021: Preparations to create a Global Grant as a GG example projectfor other countries and regions, establish cooperation with local and international RCs, build a community and technical assessment, build a project plan and alliances with the authorities and waste management companies.
- November 2021 and onwards: second cleanup mission, establish awareness and eduction programs, include waste management improvements.