National Geographic starts the action against plastic pollution. We have defined 8 goals for #STOPMETPLASTIC. With this we want to reduce plastic that is produced for single use. What can you do to contribute?
The eight goals consist of six products that you often use in daily life and that are easy to refuse and replace. In addition, there are two actions that make a big difference.
6 plastic disposable products that you can refuse:
- Cotton buds: here are wooden and bamboo variants
- Cutlery: bring your own cutlery along the way or opt for wooden cutlery instead of plastic
- Bottles: use sustainable bottles such as those from Dopper, Join the Pipe or other alternatives
- Coffee cups: take your own mug with you and do not use a plastic lid or stirrer
- Bags: use linen or paper bags
- Straws: they are often unnecessary and there are sustainable alternatives
The two actions that you can undertake yourself:
- Separate your waste and keep your plastic separate.
- Do you see wandering plastic? Pick it up and throw it away.