Geofrey Arinaitwe EndPlasticSoup ambassador in Uganda invites you to Lambu fishing site clean up project beginning on the world cleanup day on Saturday 17th September 2022.
World cleanup day project 2022 : Lambu fishing site clean up project
Background of Lambu fishing site: Lambu island is in central Uganda, Uganda, EastAfrica and Africa .
- Plastic pollution education
- Community clean and Plastic collection
- Health talk (Nutrition, disease prevention and treatment)
- Career education and literacy
- Guidance and counseling
- Economic empowerment intiatives
- Donations to schools, health centers and community
- Mestrual hygiene ,management and education
Fishing site beach clean and landing areas clean up in 6 local councils (6 communities)
- Lambu A
- Lambu B
- Lambu C
Total population: 5,000 people.
Major activity; Fishing.
- Rotary endplastic soup.
- Rotaract club of Muteesa 1 Royal University kirumba masaka campus Uganda RID 9214 Uganda and Tanzania
- Rotary club of Masaka.
- Youth for nature and empowerment intiative.
Key local partners;
- Landing site primary school
- Lambu Health center III
- Fishings community intiatives
- Youth, women and elderly saving saccos and groups.
Attached photos from community assessment and current situation from fishing site Lambu.