Project: Waste Management Training Center Bali Indonesia
Project «Waste Management Training Center» in Bali, Indonesia, is initiated by the DGN of that District 3420, Suzana Chandra Rotary Club of Bali Denpasar.
The project is to setup an educational platform specifically around Waste Management solutions in Apuan, Tabanan in Bali.
Rotary to create a platform for the training and showcasing best practices of waste reduction, reuse and recycle(3R principles) and Circular Economy (CE) that can be sustaina ble in their implementation, through a multiphased project that accommodates open collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Rotary to become a trusted and effective change agent and partner for sustainable waste management practices (3R), and showcasing CE, particularly within the local communities in Bali. Once fully set up, this project can be rolled out to others areas in Indonesia.Rotary to create a platform for the training and showcasing best practices of waste reduction, reuse and recycle(3R principles) and Circular Economy (CE) that can be sustaina ble in their implementation, through a multiphased project that accommodates open collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
The 3-year Project is planned to deliver a Waste Management Training Centre platform via the following outputs:
- Classroom for in-class training incl all teaching & digital media equiptments
- Multimedia and digital Training Materials for Waste Management
- Machineries, tools and equipment for practice
- Facilitators for enabling change for better waste management & economic value creation from waste
- Online and offline campaign
- Waste cleanup work in the field for driving engagement
RC Bali Denpasar /
RC Singapore / D3310
RC Novato/ D5150
Global Grant proposal in preparation. Budget is available.
Start project after the Global Grant approval.
The overall vision is to design and implement the following key facilities and capabilities, in a multi- year phased approach that ensures long-term and continuing success.
Phase I – is proposed through Rotary Global Grant #2343361 Initial setup – Raising Awareness & showcasing best practice
- Setting up Classroom facilities – class furniture, audio visual system, computer system and database
- Building organic waste reuse and recycle facilities
- Develop non-organic basic recycle facilities
- Run initial public campaigns for awareness raising (eg. cleaning up sacred temples, local rivers and mountain forest)
- Setting up operational team training and development
- Purchasing operational vehicle for waste collection run – 1 customized motorcycle
- Designing and implementing initial digital presence and publication
- Developing digital multimedia training materials
- Review Phase I – Project evaluation
Phase I: 3-year project, Phase II: Extend to Bali, Phase III: Extend to Indonesia
Contact : DGN Suzana Chandra (mail firstname.lastname@example.org for contact details)