Rotaract organizations in Europe, Mediterranean and Oceania and EndPlasticSoup are organizing this seminar with the topic 'Pollution'.
Start 10:00 End 11:30
Join our webinar about Pollution
Joined by EndPlasticSoup, Rotaract organizations in Europe, Mediterranean and Oceania are once again starting the debate about environmental sustainability after the first Climate Live seminar on 21st August with live reports from Rotaractors in the countries around the Mediterranean.
In this 2nd edition on 27th November we will be exploring one of the most important topics in the part decade - Pollution!
As three Rotaract organizations, we are concerned about ongoing world issues and we want to take action before it's too late.
Join us on 27 November 2021 at 10 am CET.
Please fill out the form and register for the event here.
Part 1: Scientific approach for pollution:
- Gesine Meissner, UN Ocean Decade 21-30, will talk on 'Our oceans, our planet'. She will explain the importance of the UN ocean Decade theme 'Ocean science' and will lighten her presentation with valid information and pictures.
- Gert-Jan van Dommelen, co-founder of EndPlasticSoup, the global initiative for Rotary to solve and prevent plastic pollution, will summarize the impact of microplastics on our health, the mission of our global EndPlasticSoup initiative and positive experiences of our planet's recovery capability.
Part 2: Examples of successful Rotary and Rotaract anti-pollution Projects (ongoing or completed):
- EndPlasticSoup projects for Nile Plastic Free in Egypt and CollectiX Bosnia Herzegovina
- 3 Rotaract projects, 1 by each Rotaract Organization.
Part 3: Panel of 4 speakers a.o. Marja Ritterfeld, PDG 2020-2021 of district1850 and Board member of EndPlasticSoup:
- What Rotary and Rotaract Clubs can do to reduce pollution?
- How can we act?