Activity guide, student book and game for primary schools.
Supplier: Happy Green World
- Environmental education for primary schools, available in English, Arabic, French, Swahili and Indonesian.
- The waste programme consists of an activity guide, a student book and a game. It focusses on practical activities around reducing, re-using and recycling waste.
- The activity guide contains 31 activities. The teacher can choose which activities suit the students best, and which subjects to focus on.
The teacher has the choice of three types of activities.
- Awareness activities: these make the children aware of what waste is and of the fact that waste can have value and can be re-used or recycled.
- Thinking activities: these stimulate children to brainstorm about waste issues and to come up with solutions in a structured way. ‘Mind mapping’ is one of the methods used.
- Doing activities: these are all about practical actions like tidying up the school playground or a park, recycling paper, making compost or planting seeds.