Project: Plastic Waste Recycling in Uganda
- Reduce –and over time eradicate –local plastic pollution.
- Enable production of plastic products made from the recycled plastic.
- Create income and employment.
- Improve living conditions and reduces risks for women, youth, and children
RC Kampala South / D9213
RC Arlesheim / D1980
Partner(s): Waste and Save Plastics
Kickoff meeting took place
Define project, define business case and establish cooperations
Succesful Kick-off meeting with all participants including Mare Nostrum EndPlasticSoup.
- Community assessment has been done.
- Research and networking in the field of plastic processing and recycling.
- Building and strengthening the networks with potential customers.
- Selection, procurement, and installation of the first machines for compressing the plastic.
- Awareness raising campaign and collecting in Kampala and other districts.
- Spread of the project idea and opening of the local market channels.
- Transport and sales of collected material.
- Evaluation and formulation of a long-‐term plastic recycling concept.