Rotary Club Amsterdam-Nieuwendam has developed two innovative recycling projects.
1. A mobile plastic recycling LAB for primary and secondary school education in the Netherlands
At this LAB, schoolchildren can get to work: shredding plastic, melting it down and making a new product out of it. Through the teaching program of the partner HVC Afvalcentrale in Almaar, schools can tick the LAB as support for environmental lessons. The funds for the trailer (€ 24,000) are there. Now for the money for the machines and the equipment. We would like to ask Rotary clubs and Rotaract clubs for a contribution. We want to have the LAB finished by mid-January, so that it will be in the Olympic Stadium on January 28 at the kick-off of the relay 100 years of Rotary Netherlands. € 15,000 is still needed.
2. A circular plastic recycling factory for 10 fishing villages in Vizianagaram, AP, on the east coast of India
We immediately share the experience we gain overseas: a Global Grant is requested for a recycling factory for 10 fishing villages where the low-quality street plastic is recycled into building material for the same villages. This is analogous to the circular Intereg factory in Almere, built by partner Save Plastics, where the municipality delivers the low-quality urban plastic to its doorstep and receives sturdy benches, bridges, shoring and beams in return. The grant amounts to € 100,000. € 35,000 is still needed.
You can participate in the recycling projects
There are several incentives for the clubs that join:
- We will share what we learn through a newsletter, to give inspiration for more recycling projects worldwide
- Clubs in The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium will be able to borrow the LAB for events, festivals, schools and community centers
- Clubs can visit India at the recycle factory; there are good accommodation options.
End Plastic Soup supports both programs.
Participate and support these projects: Rotaryclub Amsterdam-Nieuwendam, Bank Account NL 06 INGB 0000 107 970.